Sunday, August 18, 2013

Listening Day - Aug 17, 2013

Serveral of us from New Wine gathered for a morning of listening prayer.  We met at Mt Zion Catholic Center north of Flushing, MI.  After opening order of Morning Prayer and Bible Readings we spread out for 2 our silent retreat.  The weather was wonderful and the church was peacful and quiet.  When we returned we shared what we sense the Spirit saying. 

Over all it seemed to be a word of encouragement to keep moving forward though the time was lean and the work is hard.  I felt a good summer were capture in this phrase I wrote in my journal during the listening time:  "More Word, More Love, More Service".

Here is a prophetic word given through Rob Robertson that captures the tone.  God is so good.

"You are my children. I am so very fond of you. You seek me out, each in your own way, but often we do not connect. I want more than this for you, a faith that is more than form and substance, but a place where we can deeply abide together; where we can listen to each other's words, think each other's thoughts, a place to go beyond the here and now that gives you just a glimpse of eternity. My love is not dependent on your response, although even I long for your embrace. Turn to me and lean into me, feel my touch...gentle and affirming. Let me hold you and know that you are safe in my embrace. Trust me and know this is all going to work out. I have not led you to this point to abandon you, but to allow you to know me in a new way. Know that I am your God and know that I am with you...that you have nothing to fear, your provision comes through me. I will make your path straight, every obstacle I will overcome. I will show you what to do and each of you will take back a piece of the Kingdom, belonging to you as heirs to the Kingdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment