Friday, November 11, 2011

Saints I Met This Week

After a great "All Saints Celebration" last Sunday I started off on a busy week.  But along the way I met a number of goodly saints.  Monday night our cell group met at our house but we had a few folks missing.  My wife Deb, for example, had headed down to Nashville earlier in the day to be with our daughter Jenny for the week.  We prayed her in safely as she sent me a text in the middle of our fellowship letting us know she had completed the 11 hour trek safely. 

We are working our way through the Gospel of Mark.   We discussed the first half of Chapter 5 about Jesus freeing the man who filled with demons.  It is good to mine the golden nuggets of the Word with others who seek to understand what it means to follow one who commands earth and the spiritual powers of dark and light.
But was even more a blessing is that the next day a pan of pasta was left on my front door, and a day later some bean soup (which I never get because my dear wife does not like beans!) was dropped off.  I would have survived on cereal, eggs and left-overs, but the gifts of the saints have blessed Anjelo and I all week long.

Then Wednesday I spent the day in Livonia with fellow church planters.  We shared about our common work and life in the mission,  rejoiced in the work  being done and even talked of our newest mission in Brighton which is called "Crossroads Anglican Church"!   I was reminded of how blessed I am to be numbered among such Godly pastors whose heart is to follow the Spirit's leading and serve the people Jesus calls us to love.

Yesterday I was asked to do a mid-week service for a group of ladies at Elmcrest Sr. Apartments in Flushing.  This small but faithful group celebrated with me a belated "All Saints".  We once again recounted the lives of Christians who have touch our lives through their words and deeds.  I am so glad to know that we too continue to  be his light in this generation. 


Then today, Veteran's Day is my mothers "Re-birthday" when back in 1976 she gave her life to the Lord.  She has been a wonderful example of  a Jesus follower,  a really saint of the Lord,  Thus, I have many reasons to thank the Lord for all the saints I met this week!

1 comment: