Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"Saving Station"?

Note from a church member:

Prior to the "official," time of prayer and fasting, I asked friend of mine to pray with us,( that would be New Wine) and for us, (again, N.W.) concerning our situation at our small church! I did not tell her much, only that we were having 2 weeks of fasting and prayer, seeking the Lord as to His direction for the church! I actually, did not even mention the church by name! Anyway, as I was getting ready to send you that web site last evening,my friend, Louise, who is about 80 yrs old, from Arizona, we have prayed for each other many times over several years! 

She sent me an email, among some personal remarks about her health and things of that nature, things not really pertaining to the prayer request, she sent the following comments, as a"word of encouragement" (She knows nothing about how "It's all about relationships!" Our unofficial slogan for our church!)  She said, "I will be praying with you to God to make His plans for your "little church," to become a "saving station," for the ones with wrecked lives that are just waiting for someone to care for them!" I started to sob at those words!

Anyway, she went on to say," Perhaps, there will be a little larger group, or church, that our church can join and pool all of our resources together? "There is sooo much work to be done and so little time to get the job done!" "We both know God is Very interested in "good relationships!" ( it' all about relationships) We are "His Church!" Anyway thought that I should send this along to you.. That one sentence," become a "saving station, for..other waiting for someone to care for them!" Hope this is encouraging? Anyway, sending it along!




No comments:

Post a Comment